TECHNICAL COMMITTEE - DIRECT TAXATION (II) [TC-DT (II)]
The Technical Committee-Direct Taxation (II) is another key committee of CTIM
Terms of Reference
- The Technical Committee - Direct Tax (II) shall be responsible for all direct tax issues not under the purview of Technical Committee - Direct Tax (I), and includes Stamp Duty, Real Property Gains Tax, Petroleum Income Tax, Labuan Income Tax & other matters relating to Labuan, Promotion of Investments Act 1986 & other tax incentives (eg MSC, Bionexus) and issues under the purview of Securities Commission (SC) and Bank Negara.
- To provide effective representation at dialogues with Government authorities on tax issues faced by members, the business community and the public at large.
- To recommend to the Government proposals for the review of tax policy, tax administration and other fiscal changes so as to promote certainty, clarity and transparency as well as to simplify the taxation system.
- To issue tax information circulars to members on a timely basis and to issue guidance notes and other relevant technical publications when necessary.
- To consider matters affecting tax practitioners.
||Mr Nicholas Anthony Crist
||Ms Leow Mui Lee
Ms Low Geok Ping
Mr Alan Chung
Mr Steve Chia
||Mr Abdul Salam Chandran
Datuk Harjit Singh Sidhu
Mr Koo Kian Ming
Ms Phan Wai Kuan
Ms Sharon Yong
STAMP DUTY TASK FORCE (SDTF)
REAL PROPERTY GAIN TAX (RPGT)