- To consider and recommend to the Council major long-term objectives and overall policy of the Institute.
- To recommend changes to the structure and composition of the Institute.
- To review the Institute’s Memorandum and Articles of Association.
- To consider matters affecting the Institute and its members which are urgent in nature and outside the terms of reference or jurisdiction of any committee.
- To ensure proper implementation of the policies of the Council and its committees and to provide direction where necessary.
- To consider the recommendation and reports of the Executive Director relating to human resources, administration and financial matters of the Institute.