BECOME A MEMBER
Associate Member (ACTIM)
5 years experience in practice or employment
CTIM professional qualification; or Other professional or academic qualifications
There are two classes of members, Associate Members and Fellows. The class to which a member belongs is herein referred to as his status. Any Member of the Institute, so long as he remains a member, may use after his name, in the case of a Fellow, the letters FCTIM, and in the case of an Associate, the letters ACTIM.
|A Fellow Member may be elected by the Council provided the applicant has been an Associate Member for not less than five (5) years and in the opinion of the Council, he is a fit and proper person to be admitted as a Fellow Member and has met any other requirements imposed by the Council.
(Please provide supporting evidence of any of the above activities that you have participated in)
* Candidate must fulfil criteria no.1 and, no.2 or no.3
A Registered Student who has passed the Institute’s examinations and who has not satisfied the requirements of practical experience for admission as a member may be admitted as a provisional member.
List of Recognised Professional Bodies
For purposes of membership application
- Association of Chartered Certified Accountants, UK (ACCA)
- Association of International Accountants, UK (AIA)
- Canadian Institute of Chartered Accountants (CICA)
- Chartered Institute of Cost and Management Accountants, UK (CIMA).
- CPA Australia
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants in Ireland
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of India (ICAI)
- Institute of Chartered Accountants of Scotland (ICAS)
- Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators, UK (ICSA)
- Malaysian Institute of Certified Public Accountants (MICPA)
- Malaysian Institute of Chartered Secretaries and Administrators (MAICSA)
- Chartered Accountants Australia and New Zealand (CA ANZ)
CHARTERED TAX PRACTITIONER
A member who is engaged in public practice must hold a valid practising certificate issued by the Institute. The member can use the designation ‘Chartered Tax Practitioner’ or CTP.
Licenced under Section 153, Income Tax Act 1967 (Section 153 licence) issued by the Ministry of Finance