- This event has passed.
- Special Deduction for Rental Reduction for Business Premises.
- Tax deduction for renovation and refurbishment of a business premise – P.U. (A) 381/2020.
- Further deduction for senior citizens – PU (A) 164 2019.
- Updates on capital allowances claims- new definition of “plant”.
- Tax implication on waiver / forgiveness of debt.
- Is Self-Voluntary Program a Trap to the taxpayers?
- Taxation on digital services.
- Does a blogger or a freelancer has to pay income tax?
- Taxation of cryptocurrency transactions.
- Tax Appeals – to litigate or not to litigate?
- Do you have a strong case to litigate in the first place?
- What are your alternative options?
- Public Ruling 7/2020 – Appeal Against an Assessment and Application for Relief.
- Impact of New Section 103B ITA 1967.
- Sharing of practical experiences on how to handle tax appeal cases.
Yong Mei Sim has served over 35 years in the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia (“IRB”) and held the last position as the Principal Assistant Director of the Penang branch, before retiring in 2016. She obtained a Bachelor of Science Degree majoring in Economics with a Second Class Upper from the University Science of Malaysia in Penang. She was later awarded the prestigious JPA scholarship to pursue and successfully completed her Master’s of Science in Taxation from the Golden Gate University in San Francisco, USA. During her tenure in office, she has been, inter alia, an audit manager in charge of the Payroll Taxes Unit, Field Audit and Desk Audit Unit. She had actively assisted the Federal Councils of the IRB in handling tax litigation cases. Among the landmark tax litigation cases which she was directly involved are ICTSB vs DGIR, PSSB vs DGIR and Marigold (M) Sdn Bhd vs DGIR. With her vast knowledge and experience in the field of Malaysian taxation, she has been invited by the IRB and other professional bodies to speak extensively around the country and to share her valuable experience and expertise on income tax updates and all other relevant taxation matters.