- The general structure of capital allowances in Malaysia
- Capital allowances on machinery and plant:
– What constitutes plant and machinery?
– What is qualifying plant and machinery expenditure?
– Persons entitled to claim
– Initial allowance, annual allowance, notional allowance, residual expenditure and the concept of ownership of the asset (legal vs beneficial ownership)
– Disposal of plant and machinery
– Treatment on plant and machinery owned and used for less than 2 years
– Treatment on hire purchase asset, leased asset and asset under Islamic financing
– Treatment of refinancing of qualifying plant and machinery
– Plant and machinery owned and use for dual purpose
- Treatment on small value assets
- Accelerated Capital Allowance
- Asset Held For Sale
- The allowances for expenditure on industrial buildings
– Overview of Industrial Building Allowance (“IBA”)
– Meaning of industrial building and the eligible buildings
– What constitutes qualifying expenditure for IBA?
– Person entitled to claim IBA
– Initial allowance, annual allowance, notional allowance, residual expenditure and the concept of relevant interest
– Disposal of industrial building
- Treatment on Controlled Transfer
- Treatment on unabsorbed capital allowances
Wong Yoke Lin is a dedicated tax advisor with more than 24 years which includes a 14-year with major taks professional firms and 10-year with the local conglomerate and the established large multinational corporations. She has been involved in tax compliance for ASEAN countries, advising multinationals on tax planning, tax incentives claims, corporate and business restructuring, merger and acquisition, tax due diligence review, international tax projects (such as permanent establishment, BEPS, cross border taxes and the application of double tax treaties), transfer pricing projects and risk management, tax audit and investigation problem solving, GST/VAT, Customs’ duties appeal and valuation and tax reporting (such as year end tax provision, deferred tax provision and Fin 48/ASC-740 disclosure and reporting). In addition, Yoke Lin has substantial experience in advising tax aspects of supply chain planning and execution for the establishment corporations located in ASEAN countries and China.