- This event has passed.
This course covers many aspects of Malaysian tax law, regulations, and public ruling. In particular, it covers the Real Property Gains Tax, tax treatment for landowners under the joint venture, accounting, tax planning, tax issues, and tax audit for property developers.
- Understand the chargeable gains arising from the disposal of real property assets and from the disposal of real property company shares.
- Identify the transactions that resulted in capital gains or revenue gains.
- Tax treatment for landowners under the joint venture.
- Accounting and tax planning for property developers.
- Law relating to Joint Management Body (JMB) and Management Corporation (MC).
- Tax issues and tax audit for property developers.
- Types of land titles.
- Real Property Gains Tax, chargeable gains, allowable loss, and exemption.
- Real Property Companies and valuation of real property companies share.
- Joint venture & landowners’ income.
- Property development accounting and tax planning.
- Tax issues affecting property developers and property investors.
- Tax issues and the law relating to compulsory acquisition of land.
- Issues relating to Joint Management Body (JMB) and Management Corporation (MC).
- Tax audits for property developers.
Dr. Tan Thai Soon is currently the Managing Director at TST Consulting Group and the Founder of the Asian Institute of Knowledge Management. He has more than 20 years of experience in management consulting and taxation matters. He provides consulting and training in taxation, company law, corporate governance, financial management, knowledge management, and innovation. He has obtained substantial experience in management consultancy assignments while attached with an international consulting firm which includes carried out a feasibility study as a special consultant, monitoring housing projects, corporate recovery, and receivership assignments. He has made contributions on articles to international and local journals, and national newspapers. He obtained his Doctor of Business Administration from the University of Newcastle, Australia. He is a Fellow member of the CTIM, a Fellow member of MIM, and a member of MIPA. He is also an Approved Tax Agent, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), a Registered Financial Planner (RFP), and a Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP).