- This event has passed.
This course covers many aspects of Malaysian tax law, regulations and public ruling. In particular, it covers the Real Property Gains Tax, Tax Treatment of Income for real property, Investment Holding Company, Estates and Trusts.
- Determine a chargeable gain arising from the disposal of real property assets and from the disposal of real property company shares.
- Identify the transactions resulted on capital gains or revenue gains.
- Ascertain the treatments for rental income from real property as business source or non-business source.
- Determine the investment holding company, ascertain the deductibility or direct expenses and indirect expenses from gross income.
- Calculate the stamp duty related to real property.
- Identify the issues and tax related to estates and trust.
- Real property gains tax, chargeable gains, allowable loss and exemption.
- Real property companies, determination and valuation of RPC shares.
- Landowner’s income and joint venture.
- Investment holding companies.
- Stamp duty related to real property.
- Issues related to estate and estate under administration.
- Wealth preservation, distribution, trust and settlement.
Dr. Tan Thai Soon is currently the Managing Director at TST Consulting Group and the Founder of Asian Institute of Knowledge Management. He has more than 20 years’ experience in management consulting and taxation matters. He provides consulting and training in taxation, company law, corporate governance, financial management, knowledge management and innovation. He has obtained substantial experience in management consultancy assignments while attached with an international consulting firm which include carried out feasibility study as special consultants, monitoring of housing projects, corporate recovery and receivership assignments. He has made contributions on articles to international and local journals, and national newspaper. He obtained his Doctor of Business Administration from University of Newcastle, Australia. He is a Fellow member of the CTIM, a Fellow member of MIM, and a member of MIPA. He is also an Approved Tax Agent, a Certified Financial Planner (CFP), a Registered Financial Planner (RFP) and a Registered Trust and Estate Practitioner (TEP).