- This event has passed.
► Highlight the employer’s responsibilities of the tax filing of Form E, notifications, Monthly Tax Deduction (MTD), issue of Form EA to employee and Form CP 58 to agent/dealer/distributor.
► To discuss the tax implication on various remuneration and benefits in kind provided to employees.
► Highlight the relevant Public Rulings issued by the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board (MIRB).
► To discuss an effective way in handling the MTD audit conducted by MIRB.
- Employers’ reporting and compliance responsibilities pertaining to submission of Forms, i.e. Forms E, EA, etc.
- Notification of commencement and cessation of employment – Forms CP21, CP22, etc.
- Employer’s duties on the issuance of Form CP 58.
- Calculation of MTD and remittance.
- Tax implication to both employer and employee in respect of
income tax deductions or taxability/ exemptions on the
following items provided by employer: –
• Benefits in kind
• Living accommodation benefit
• Tax borne
• Gratuity/retirement benefit/compensation for loss of employment
• Employee Share Scheme Benefit
- Discussions on relevant Public Rulings pertaining to the
- MTD audit process, employer’s duties and responsibilities in
handling the MTD audit.
Ho Yi Hui has over 20 years’ experience in tax compliance and tax advisory assignments. She is now an Executive Director of Hanz Consulting Group Sdn Bhd (“Hanz”). Before joining Hanz, she worked with BDO Tax Services Sdn Bhd (“BDO”) and RSM Tax Services Sdn Bhd (“RSM”). As an Executive Tax Director of BDO and RSM, she has been involved in the provision of tax compliance matters of public listed companies, multinationals and medium to large private companies. She has handled tax matters for corporations of various sizes involved in construction, property development, hotels, insurance, and manufacturing. Since 2009, she has been extensively involved in representing tax payers in resolving tax audit and tax investigation cases with the Malaysian Inland Revenue Board. In addition, she has assisted clients in the preparation of transfer pricing documentation. She is a fellow member of the Association of Chartered Certified Accountants (ACCA). Apart from this; she is a licensed tax agent under Section 153 of the Income Tax Act, 1967 and licensed GST Tax Agent under Section 170 of the GST Tax Act 2014. She is also a professional trainer certified by the Human Resources Development Fund (HRDF).