- This event has passed.
This workshop seeks to focus on correctly ascertaining the eligibility of a claimant & surrendering company within a group of companies that qualify for group relief to avoid the consequences of possible tax adjustments
- What is the loss-surrendering system of group relief & it’s the rationale?
- List of conditions that must be fulfilled as prescribed in the ITA 1967 and Public Ruling guidelines
- How to ascertain the eligibility of group relief?
- Mechanism of group relief computations
- Consequences & implications of audit and investigation reviews on group relief claimed or surrendered
- Recent changes and updates
Karen Koh Sai Tian has served more than 35 years with the Inland Revenue Board of Malaysia where she has handled Personal Tax, Corporate Tax, Real Property Gains Tax, and Stamp Duty. She has vast experience as a tax auditor, investigator, and trainer at various Branches/ Divisions of IRBM. Her career has included stints as Director of the Investigation Centre in Kluang, Johor, Co-ordination Director at the Putrajaya State Director’s Office as well as Director of Special Division at the Large Taxpayer Branch. Her final posting was as Director of IRBM’s Large Taxpayer Branch. She has also been a regular speaker at various in-house and external events hosted by IRBM as well as an invited speaker at a number of organisations. Karen holds a Bachelor of Accounting from the University Malaya. She is a Chartered Accountant of MIA, Fellow Member of CTIM, Certified Training Professional (ARTDO), Certified Fraud Examiner (ACFE, Austin, Texas), Certified System Investigator (ACSI, Singapore), Certified Financial Planner (FPAM), and a Registered Tax Agent.